Friday, February 5, 2010

Sept 2009, Trestleboard, Worshipful Master


Brethren:

Have you ever seen the movie "One crazy Summer"? We lived it! And got through it, a lot has gone on this year; challenges have been faced and conquered as we continue to prosper as a lodge. You can gauge our success by the number of new brethren who are genuinely excited about becoming integral parts of our temple. Yes, it is OUR temple, every member of this lodge has a part in the success or lack there off. This is all to say that we should not have any strangers among us, let me encourage ALL of our members to get to lodge and join in the progress. Don’t ever think that there is nothing that you as an individual can do to change and make lodge the place where you want to be on Wednesday nights.

We are currently undergoing efforts to get in touch with members of our lodge who we have lost touch with, we are taking this proactive approach not only to reach out to our lost brethren, but to let them know that they are a part of a very special family, a family like any other family that with simple communication can come to a resolution. Whether it be past dues or no transportation, we can find a way to get you to back into your lodge! Faith, Hope and Charity, let us not forget. Let’s close out this year with a massive response in attendance! Let’s make it happen! Call the lodge, call a brother call a friend, and reach out as we who are officers of the lodge, are reaching out to you. We have enough members in our roll to fill those sidelines, come through again and I promise that you will not be disappointed in the pure energy and great ritual that is currently flowing through our beautiful Greenleaf Gardens Lodge No. 670!!! Come back!!!

As you all know by now our faithful lodge secretary Worshipful Lee Strong (1963 and 1998) will be retiring at the end of this Masonic year, Lee along with his amazing wife Pat will be moving on to Arizona to be closer to family. I was personally truly saddened by this news; Lee Strong was my candidates coach and also my officers coach, I can honestly tell you that without Lee, I would not be Master of the lodge this year or maybe any other year. There was a time in my life where I had seemingly lost hope in life, personal turmoil’s prevented me from fulfilling my duties as an officer, and I even stopped attending lodge because I could not seem to find my way in anything. Lee Strong called me, and he let me know that I was not forgotten and that there was a place for me in the upcoming Masonic year, if I so chose to work hard and get into the swing of things again. I immediately responded with a big yes! As soon as I returned and walked through the doors of the temple, I felt instantly reconnected and accepted! It felt so good to know that I meant something somewhere and that was enough for me to get back on taking the world on, with a smile. I consider Worshipful Lee Strong to be not only my Masonic mentor but also one of my greatest sources for inspiration. I vow to be one that will make and keep the huge promise of continuing the tradition of greatness, consistency and pride that He helped establish here. This is also another way for me to just say thank you Lee and Pat Strong for everything that you have done for us and for me, to say that you will be missed is simply an understatement. Thank you and God bless.

Fraternally,
Jose Mercado
Worshipful Master

No comments:

Post a Comment