Monday, February 22, 2010

Dec. 2009, Trestleboard, Secretary


This being my first Trestleboard article in years, I Would likes to thank the Lodge for electing me to serve as Secretary for 2010. I would also like to acknowledge the efforts and time of Worshipful Lee Strong. He has played a major role in strengthening our Lodge and we are deeply in debt to him. I will do my best to continue our long tradition of being an outstanding Lodge as I seek to serve our new Worshipful Master, the Lodge and assist the officers and brethren. I am looking forward to 2010.

On a more practical note the dues notices have been sent out for the year 2010. I urge you to send your check in before December 31, 2009. If for any reason you or any Lodge Brother you happen to know is struggling financially during this recession, please let our Master or me know so that it can be handled. I guarantee such inquiries are kept in the strictest confidence. Your Lodge would prefer to remit the dues for a needy brother rather than sending notice after notice. It not only keeps us from annoying or making you feel guilty it saves considerable money because we won’t incur the postage or have to pay The Grand Lodge the per capita tax on your membership.

Our new Master and Wardens are working hard to plan an exciting year for you to take part in. I expect that we will have some changes in our Lodge social activities to encourage the entire family to participate. If you haven’t been here in a while attend the next Stated Meeting, or a degree. They are also looking into ways that we can make our money go further in operating the Lodge. This year’s Grand Master’s Theme is ”Return Home”. Return home to your Greenleaf Garden’s Lodge.

Jerry Garfield Laiblin, P.M.

Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment