Friday, February 5, 2010

July-Aug Trestleboard, Secretary


Brethren:

I think it is time to let everyone know that I am retiring as Secretary of Greenleaf Gardens Lodge in December 2009. I also need to report that my wife and I will be moving to Arizona at about the same time.

I have picked this particular time to retire because I am convinced that we have a young corps of officers who are ready, willing and very able to take the reins of the Lodge and move it smoothly and efficiently into the twenty first century. These officers have the support of our Past Masters and other veteran members who are able to counsel, assist and mentor them as they pursue the task of leading the Lodge. I also feel that, after fifty two years of active membership in the Lodge, the time has come to step aside and let others take over.

Pat and I are moving to Arizona because we feel that we would like to be closer to members of our family. We have three children who live with their families in New Jersey, Idaho and Arizona. We have nothing against either New Jersey or Idaho but the culture of Arizona is similar to that to which we have become accustomed and we also look forward to being able to visit our friends in California whenever possible.

I think it goes without saying that I have always valued my membership in the Lodge. I have enjoyed and have personally benefited from the various offices I have held as well as the other activities I have been allowed to pursue. And, of course, the many friends I have made and the Masonic relationships that have developed are the greatest rewards ofthat membership. I will watch with great interest and satisfaction as Greenleaf Gardens Lodge continues to grow and prosper.

Lee Strong, PM, Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment